Ayurveda is an ancient form of healing developed in India and has been practiced for more than 5,000 years. It is often called a “living science” because it incorporates modern developments and techniques along with ancient practices. Ayurveda treats the whole person and not just the organ or system involved. Ayurveda is a system of daily living which promotes physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
In Ayurveda, the five elements (ether, air, fire, water and earth) are present in each individual but the proportions and combinations vary from person to person. When these elements are in balance, the result is good health. When these elements are out of balance, the result is illness or disease. Ayurveda treats the whole individual, not the illness or disease in isolation.
In a consultation with Samia, she will identity your imbalance and present a life style plan to bring your body back into a state of balance.
This life style plan includes the following:
- Exploration of elements and qualities of your dosha (imbalance)
- Ayurvedic clock: understanding the Ayurvedic cycles of the day, including morning and bedtime routine as well as optimal times for meals
- The Ayurvedic approach to the changing seasons: understanding the qualities of each season and their effects on your predominant dosha
- Abhyanga: a daily full body self-massage, which detoxifies, rejuvenates and recharges the body and mind
- Agni: practices for a healthy and strong agni (digestive fire)
- Tastes and spices: Understanding the qualities of the six tastes and introduction of new tastes into the daily diet
- Meditation, Yoga and breathing exercises specific to your imbalance